Chocolate Dip Macaroons
- 2 organic egg whites
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoon teff flour or oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 bar dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325 and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine egg whites, maple syrup, honey and salt in a pan over medium heat, stirring for about 1 minute. Then add coconut, teff flour, vanilla, and cardamom and continue to cook, stirring constantly until the mixture sizzles for about 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat and let cool for a few minutes. Using teaspoon, form into 24 small mounds and bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown.
Place dark chocolate in a glass bowl and set it over simmering hot water. Stir chocolate until melted, then remove from heat. Dip macaroons into melted chocolate and chill in refrigerator until chocolate hardens.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
- 3/4 Cup Pitted Dates
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 Cup Organic Peanuts
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Tbsp Organic Unsweetened Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Ground Flax Seed
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips(75% cacoa or higher)
1.Using your large food processor bowl and blade process all ingredients except chocolate chips until dough like consistency with visible chunks of nut.
2.Manually fold chocolate chips into crust.
3.Roll into balls.
Store in the freezer.
*These are delicious rolled in cocoa or coconut!
**Peanuts can be substituted for almonds, and peanut butter can be substituted for almond butter.
Raw Berry Cheesecake
- 2 cups of raw cashews (soaked, rinsed, drained)
- 1 cup of almond meal/flour
- 3/4 cup of dates (pitted)
- Juice of 1 1/2 lemons
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of strawberries or raspberries
For the crust, blend almond meal and dates until mixture sticks together. Smash mixture into a 6-8 inch pie dish.
For the filling, blend cashews, lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla until silky smooth. Scoop filling over crust.
Freeze for at least on hour.
For the topping, blend strawberries and little maple syrup to adjust sweetness.
Defrost cheesecake in the fridge until the center is cold.
Raw Chocolate Banana Brownies
For the Brownies
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cupdried cranberries
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup almond
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup quality unsweetened cocoa powder
For the Frosting
- 2 tsp natural vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup unsweeteened unsweetened peanut butter
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup quality unsweetened cocoa powder
In a food processor, combine dates, cranberries, walnuts, peanut butter, coconut oil and ¼ cup cocoa powder.
Line a baking pan (roughly 6 1/2 x 10) with parchment or and then spread the brownie mixture overtop, as evenly as possible using a small roller or the back of a spoon, press down gently to pack.
Using the same blender or food processor, add: vanilla, banana, peanut butter, maple syrup and cocoa powder until mixture is well blended and the frosting develops a nice creamy texture.
Place pan in freezer for about 45 minutes to one hour until mixture has set.
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- 1 large avocado
- 4 pitted dates
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond milk or water, and more reserved in case
1. Place all ingredients in your food processor and pulse to combine.
2. Run motor and add liquid, keeping in mind that you might need more to
get the pudding right. Stop, scrape the sides of the bowl, and turn on the
Banana Blueberry Bars
Makes 16 bars
- 3 cups almond flour or oat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 4-5 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9×13-inch glass pan.
Combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil and eggs. Beat wet and dry mixes along with the bananas very throughly to give the eggs good beating (it sounds harsh, I know, but the key to fluffy, grain-free baked goods is thoroughly beating the eggs).
Place batter in prepared pan and sprinkle blueberries on top.
Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the edges are brown and a toothpick stuck into the center of the dish comes out clean. Let bars cool for about 30 minutes, then serve.
Baked Apples filled with Dates and Pecans
- ¼ cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- ¼ cup pitted and finely diced dates
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 4 baking apples such as pink lady or mcintosh
- unfiltered organic apple juice
- cinnamon stick
Preheat over to 350F
Combine pecans, dates, orange zest and juice, cinnamon, and salt in small bowl.
Core apples, leaving half an inch at the bottom and peel top edges. Stuff apples with pecan filling. Put apples in baking pan, pour in about 1 inch of apple juice and cinnamon stick. Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 40-60 minutes, until apples are tender but not mushy. Test for doneness by poking fork into apples, should be tender. Serve warm and drizzle with cinnamon apple juice from pan.