Mexican Fiesta Salad
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 orange, diced
- ½ cup of chopped cilantro
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh corn
- 1 cup canned or fresh black beans
- fresh black pepper grinder
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- garnish: fresh cilantro
Orange Lime Dressing
- 1 juicy lime
- 1 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Half squeezed orange
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
Dice onion and tomato, putting both in a small bowl.
Finely chop the cilantro and fold into the tomato and onion mixture.
Grind fresh black pepper on top. Set aside.
Whisk together lime orange dressing.
Peel your orange and dice.
Place in another small bowl.
Dice your avocado and put into same bowl as oranges.
Toss a bit so orange juice coats avocado. Mix in corn and black beans.
Plate spinach and top with salad mixture and dressing.
Raw Kale Salad
- 3 cups of chopped kale in bite sized pieces
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/2 avocado sliced thin
- 2 T of walnuts
- 2 T of dried currants or raisins
- 2 T of hemp seeds
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 T of apple cider vinegar
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Celtic sea salt to taste
Whisk together the dressing and set aside. In a big mixing bowl, pour dressing onto your chopped kale, and begin “massaging” it with your hands, until it starts to get soft and well coated. This should not take long. Enjoy!
Beet, Fennel and Fig Salad with Cranberry Sage Dressing
- Cranberry sage dressing
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 fresh sage leaf, chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh beets
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and halved
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- sea salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 pound baby arugula
- 6 fresh figs
To make the dressing, heat 2 T of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.Add the shallots and saute until softened about five minutes. Add the cranberries and cook, stirring, until they are softened and begin to pop about five minutes. Set aside cool and transfer to blender, add vinegar, rosemary, sage, water, maple syrup and salt, the remaining Olive oil and process until smooth.
Preheat oven to 350F
Put beets on baking sheet, and fennel on separate baking sheet, cut side up, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Put the beets and fennel in the oven and roast until fork tender about 30 minutes for fennel, and 50-60 minutes for the beets When cool enough to handle, peel the beets and cut into thin slices, and cut the fennel into thin slices.
Meanwhile, spread the pecans on baking sheet and bake 5-8 minutes. Put together in large bowl, and drizzle with dressing.
Balsamic Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 16 ounce of fresh brussel sprouts
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped raw pecans
- 1/4 tsp organic orange zest
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
Wash and dry your sprouts. Remove browned leaves. Slice into quarters.
Roast: Toss sprouts with additional olive oil, pepper and a splash of balsamic. Place on baking sheet and roast at 400 degrees until tender – at least 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Toss with dried cranberries, orange zest and pecans.